The rate at which celebrities tie and untie the knot today is quite alarming and even frightening, so much that the idea of marriage scares some most people.Issues definitely arise in all marriages, but the ability to manage the crisis makes the vows of the marriage worth taking.
However, many Nigerian celebrities seem not to be able to manage these crises and bail at the first knock of trouble.
Celebrities like Tiwa Savage, Toke Makinwa and more recently Lilian Esoro, could not hold the centre and helplessly watched as things fell apart.
In Tiwa Savages’ case, issues ranging from mental abuse, mistrust and theft were raised, while cheating and infidelity were the issues that led to the split in Toke Makinwa and Toyin Aimakhu’s respective marriages.
1. Tiwa Savage wedded Olatunji Balogun aka Tee Billz April 2014, separated April, 2016
2. Toyin Aimakhu and Niyi Johnson,got married on July 8, 2013 and went separate ways August 2015.
3. Toke Makinwa and Maje Ayida got married on January 2014, separated December 2014
4. Uche Ogbodo married Arthur on October 2013, it crashed August 2014.
6. Funke Akindele married Kehinde Oloyede May 27, 2012, the union crashed May 2013. She is now remarried.
7. After the death of her first husband, Jaiye Aboderin, Stella Damasus remarried Emeka Nzeribe but sadly the marriage lasted for barely 9 months.
8. Monalisa Chinda got married to Segun Dejo-Richards in 2006 but they got divorced in December 2009. she is now remmaried
9. Sobowale and Foluke Daramola got married in 2005, and the union ended in 2008. The actress has since remarried.
10. Funke Fowler and Abi Kuku’s wedding was a talk of the town in 2011. They arranged a colourful destination wedding that took place in Dubai. Sadly, the couple parted ways in 2013.
11. 9ice married Toni Payne on July 17 2008, by January 8, 2010 they got divorced.12. Its been noticed that Lilian Esoro and hubby might also be on this path although reasons are not yet known.